Embrace Spring Energy & Vitality.
So far this year we have had two lovely weekend retreat experiences with Master Chef & Nutritionist, Tara Canning. Everyone loved her recipes so much that I have decided to share a few of my favourites with you all.
Enjoy Tara's Raw Carrot & Orange Blossom Treats: lots of fibre, antioxidants and flavour in a mouthful
This beautiful recipe is not only scrumptious, but healthy too!
- 2 peeled and chopped organic carrots.
- 4 tsp puffed quinoa.
- 1 cup walnuts.
- 10 dates (medjool are best). 1 cup desiccated coconut.
- Grated nutmeg.
- ½ tsp of ground cinnamon.
- 1 tsp milled chia seeds.
- 1 tsp Orange Blossom water or zest.
- 1 Orange.
Put everything into a food processor & blitz until a coarse paste. You should be able to shape the content into a ball between your palms.
Cover in desiccated coconut or some nice seeds, or even raw cacao powder and serve.
Paleo Millionaire's Shortbread, by Tara Canning.
Don't be put off by the length of this recipe... TRUST ME - it is worth it.
- 1 Cup / 112 grams of coconut flour.
- 1/2 cup / 118 ml of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup / 74 grams melted coconut oil.
- 1 teaspoon / 5 ml vanilla extract.
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml maple syrup.
- 1/4 cup / 52 grams melted coconut oil.
- 1/4 cup / 60 grams almond butter.
- 1/5 ml teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Pinch of sea salt.
1. In a small bowl mix together your shortbread ingredients (the coconut flour, maple oil and vanilla). Press the dough into a lined 8x8 baking tin to make the bottom crust. Set aside for later.
2. In a small pot melt the caramel ingredients on a medium low heat for about 3 mins (the maple, oil, almond butter, and vanilla). Make sure to stir while everything melts to keep it from burning. Let it cool for a couple of mins to set the caramel.
3. While the caramel is setting, begin making the chocolate by melting the coconut oil in a small saucepot first. Stir in the maple, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt. Make sure there are no remaining lumps, then remove from the heat and cool.
4. After the caramel has firmed up you can pour the chocolate over the top, spread with the back of a spoon to even out the top. Refrigerate for 30 - 40 minutes until firm.
Click on link to discover what we have planned for our very special Spring Awakening Retreat on April, 15th: 10.30am - 5pm.
As well as a fantastic 2 course meal by Tara, we will have vegan bliss bites treats.
NEXT Week's Recipes: Tara's Vegan Mung Bean Burgers & Zingy Spring Slaw.